Podcast wise, its been a Woman’s Hour week, mostly because I was interested in hearing the results of a pre-election poll that Radio 4 did regarding the issues that women who participated prioritized the highest and preliminary responses to those issues from each party as detailed by a BBC political editor. I didn’t even make time for my usual dose of Rachel Maddow!
Cool stuff from Facebook… just one item… BHA announced today that the European Commission is re-opening its investigation as to whether or not UK faith schools are breaking EU law.
Stuff that found its way into my email inbox have been items mostly related to some of the online courses I’m currently taking:
- Minecraft for Educators
- Introduction to Mathematical Thinking <– this one’s REALLY interesting
- Programming Your First Mobile Game
- Election 2015 for AS Level Politics
And finally, things I dropped into my Pocket:
- The British Heart Foundation has loads of free learning materials available upon request
- We missed out on this year’s Lightbox Project, but maybe we’ll be able to catch this one in upcoming years, sponsored by the People’s History Museum, Manchester
- Met Office offers some weather related project ideas and activities for kids
- Wildlife Watch has activity sheets available for download and print. We just got finished doing a winter scrapbook in coordination with V’s nursery.
- Website about using Comics in Education
- Steampowered Classroom, which looks to be a really nice homeschool resource
- Spore, as it was cited during my Minecraft class as another game that had some educational value. I’ll have to evaluate it separately.
My list looks really whimpy week but I’m not too sad considering how much good work A and I have gotten done this past week!