Quick run through:
- Did our dailies (calendar, weather, time, feelings)
- A completed lesson 31 of “Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons” … I was so proud of how well he read his reading passage that I made a video of it. A was also excited to get a new sound: /w/ . A continued on with Reading Eggs.
- V completed her next lessons out of her maths workbooks and pre-reading workbooks.
- Both did some sensory play with autumn themed goodies.
- Both did another podcast session, listening to Let’s Move – Aesop’s Fables – The Hare and the Tortoise.
- I experimented with having them both watch CBeebie’s Get Squiggling as they each expressed a desire to draw but seemed less enthusiastic when I pulled out their drawing pads for some reason. I think the show helped their enthusiasm as they did a draw-a-long while watching.
- And both participated in making leaf stamps.
- At naptime, we read The Gruffalo
We meant to go on our Nature Walk, but my husband had an estimate for work to do. When he returned, we went to the grocery store where I busy the children by having them talk about the things that they see and help me find the things that we need. In the afternoon, we went to a soft play centre that we hadn’t been able to visit for a few weeks since V had chicken pox. She’s all in the clear now though!